OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga nail polish

I usually prefer bright nail colors in the summer, and darker ones during the winter, so Tutti Frutti Tonga by OPI might not be the most unique shade out there, but it really stands out in my personal collection! I've had it in my stash for a loooong time, and never tried it before... shame on me, I know, but it's just not the kind of shade I'm naturally attracted to. 




Well, I'm happy I didn't give it away, because I happened to really like this pastel peach with a pearl finish


The formula is very thin, a tad too liquid imo, so you have to wipe the flat brush on the bottle neck well before applying, or you might have pooling on the sides. You'll need 3 layers for an opaque finish. You could use only 2 or even 1 if sheer is okay for you, but then you'll struggle with brush strokes




It dried pretty fast and lasted about 3 days, which is an average performance for me (more than 3 days and I'm super happy...). 




I think this shade is very 90s, when pearl/frost polish was the rage (at least in France) but it remains elegant and easy to wear (definitely work-friendly). I was afraid that such a light color would end up making my nails look super creepy pale, but the peachy warm undertones keeps it very flattering. 




Overall, this is a good everyday polish that everyone could wear. 

2 comments

  1. A good nude shade is a must!! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not much of a nude girl (for nails at least), but yes, I guess everybody needs one :)

      Delete

Unfortunately the comment system does not work on mobile phones at this time :( If you see this message and leave a comment, I will be unable to approve it, I'm really sorry about this issue!