Tarte Friends & Family sale haul

A couple weeks ago, Tarte had their friends and family sale on their website, and everything was 30% off. Of course I felt compelled to take advantage of the sale (don't you feel that too?) and buy a couple products I had wanted for months. 


I decided to order the Amazonian Clay Blush in the cult shade Exposed, and the LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Hope, because I love the idea of matte, warm rose lips for fall. I added a sale item to my order, Lock & Roll eyeshadow in Sandstone (they sell for $10 until they're gone). 



Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed

Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Hope

Tarte Lock & Roll Eyeshadow in Sandstone

I reached the limit for free delivery, and received the shipment through Fedex ground. It took 4 days for the order to be shipped, and then another 4 days to reach me in Southern California, so a total of one full week. I was quite impressed by the quality of the shipping box, my items were nestled in foam and covered in bubble wrap, so they were really well protected! It's not always the case (drugstore.com, could you make an effort?) so I appreciate it. 

Left to right :
Sandstone Lock & Roll powder and liquid shadows,
Hope Matte Lipsurgence, Exposed Blush

My first attempts at using Sandstone Lock & Roll shadow are not very convincing... the matte liquid beige shade completely disappears on my lid, without brightening them, and it has a greasy, sticky feel. The champagne shimmery powder is much nicer but I don't find the roll on applicator very convenient.


2 comments

  1. I have to say (almost) nothing is worse than ordering beauty products and the shipper just throwing them in a box! I'm surprised how many big name companies do that!!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately the comment system does not work on mobile phones at this time :( If you see this message and leave a comment, I will be unable to approve it, I'm really sorry about this issue!