Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer

Check your local Rite Aid circular, you might find a 40% off sale on Physicians Formula this week! In order to help you decide what to buy, I'll try to review all the products from the brand I own in the next few days. 



When I first moved to the USA, Physicians Formula was the drugstore brand I was most excited for: I'm a sucker for cute packaging, give me little hearts and sweater-like woven powders and you can be sure I'll start drooling! 

The colors are the most accurate  in this picture

I also badly needed a bronzer (believe me, when you move from France to Southern California, you need it really badly), so Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer in Light Bronzer was my first purchase from the brand. I really liked its unique design, and the fact that it contains 2 shades, a semi-matte warm beige, and a warm, shimmery gold, which makes it ideal for contouring. 

Brush is small but feels soft and has dense bristles

This bronzer is supposed to contain Cashmere extract, and leave your skin smooth and soft. When you look at the ingredients list, you will indeed find wool, but I don't think my skin feels much different after use! 


The powder, however, is incredibly finely milled, and although it feels a touch dry in the compact, it melts onto the skin and blends very easily. It has sheer pigmentation, which makes it fool-proof (no weird orange cheeks here), but it's buildable. Its sheerness and the very light colors in this Light Bronzer shade make it a good match for fair to light skins, while anyone medium or above might see it disappear on their complexion. There's another shade, Bronzer, that might be worth checking for medium complexions, but I doubt it will work for deeper skin tones. 

Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer
in Light Bronzer

Overall, this product is a good choice if you want a barely there bronzer to get a very subtle sun-kissed look. It's light enough to be used by the fairest skin tones! Usually retails for about $14.


No comments

Unfortunately the comment system does not work on mobile phones at this time :( If you see this message and leave a comment, I will be unable to approve it, I'm really sorry about this issue!