Sephora + Pantone Universe Jewel Lacquer in Purple Parachute

I could seriously have bought the entire fall Alchemy of Color collection from Sephora + Pantone Universe, but sadly, we all have to make choices. Purple Parachute was my number one crush when I saw pictures of all these pretty items (followed closely by Evergreen, another Jewel Lacquer I'll show you soon), because you know, a girl like me can't resist blue shimmer! 



 I really like the bottle these lacquers come in, it's a nice object in itself: a thick cube of glass with a white cap, like a display for the gorgeousness it contains. It's a little heavy, thus not really travel-friendly, but it's made to be admired in your boudoir, not transported in your bag. 



The brush is nice, flat and wide, but it feels too close to the cap: the stick between the end of the white cap and the bristles of the brush is really short, which made the whole thing hard to maneuver with precision for me, and you'll see in the pics that I painted my cuticles accidentally on several nails. 



Morevoer, the texture is on the thicker side, not flowing quite as much as I wanted, but it's very pigmented and nicely opaque in 2 coats. It dries (taking its sweet time...) to a semi-matte finish, so you'll want to use a glossy top coat if you want a shiny finish! 




In the bottle, it's a gorgeous plummy violet with this amazing, strong blue shimmer, but it doesn't translate quite as stunning on the nail. It's still a very pretty medium purple with blue shimmer, just not as breath-teaking! 




Overall, the quality here is not perfect, and I'm slightly disappointed with the result on the nail. For $9, I don't regret buying it, and I know I'll still wear it often, maybe with a shimmery blue top coat to add depth!


2 comments

Unfortunately the comment system does not work on mobile phones at this time :( If you see this message and leave a comment, I will be unable to approve it, I'm really sorry about this issue!