China Glaze: try to keep calm while you paint on...

When I bought Keep Calm, Paint On from China Glaze Avant Garden spring 2013 collection, I didn't realize that this pretty  minty green polish with a subtle silver shimmer actually requires the user to repeat the mantra during application. Based on my experience, failure to do so will most likely cause the frustrated nailista to throw the bottle out the window, have a fit of manicure rage, or say the f word more than 10 times per half hour. 




Keep Calm, Paint On, is a fussy diva. In fact, it's probably the most PITA nail polish I've had to deal with in the past few years. Something in the formula here is very, very wrong. The texture is thick and kind of grainy, it applies horribly unevenly, patchy and streaky, and started chipping on me within 24 hours. Too bad, because the shade is really pretty for spring. 


A thick mess...



Overall: if I were you I would stay away from this nail polish and try to find a more easy-going minty green. Unless you want to test your patience and see it as a psychological experience to test your resistance to frustration... 

The product featured in this review was purchased by Lulle. I did not receive any kind of compensation to write this review, which only reflects my personal opinion.

1 comment

  1. Sorry to hear about the trouble you went through. *Takes notes of never going near this polish* Try something in Maybelline. I did this post on my spring nails: A Little Madness In Spring

    Thanks for the review. :)

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil life

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately the comment system does not work on mobile phones at this time :( If you see this message and leave a comment, I will be unable to approve it, I'm really sorry about this issue!